So, your daughter, or son, is getting married – congratulations! It’s time to get swept away in the excitement and romance and work towards creating the most beautiful day.
Having the title of Mother of the Bride, or Mother of the Groom, means you’ll be in most photographs, as well as joining the top table and just generally lapping up the attention of your daughter or son’s big day. This creates a lot of pressure when it comes to outfit choice – you can’t upstage the bride, and you have to blend with the chosen colour scheme whilst not matching the bridesmaids, and you must radiate style, class and glamour. There’s a lot to think about – not to mention the amount of running around you’ll no doubt have to comply with, so shoes erring on the side of caution should most definitely be considered.
Luckily, you’re in the right place. We love spoiling Mothers of the Bride, and Groom - you deserve it! And, here at Frocks we have some wonderful dresses from some truly inspirational designers, so we’re confident that you’ll find the perfect outfit you’ll feel comfortable and beautiful wearing. Below are some of the designers we stock that are perfect for Mother of the Bride outfits:
- Ann Balon – the 2015 collection consists of beautiful dresses and jackets, decorated with Italian lace, applique, embellished panels and sequins. Designed to fit ladies of any size, they balance between glamour and elegance, using shades to match the seasons.
- Cabotine – Spanish designer, Gema Nicolas, using rich colours, often with sleeve detail to elegantly cover the tops of your arms.
- Renata – these are bright, beautiful mother of the bride dresses that embrace the female form.
- Ronald Joyce – Veni Infantino – an Italian designer that uses softer shades, gorgeous tailoring and timeless style and elegance.
- Zeila – Stunning fabrics and fits, with clever design touches such as bra-friendly styling, cap sleeves and three-quarter length sleeves. Often known for their flair for colour and standing out for all the right reasons.
So once you have the dress, the next step is to think about mother of the bride accessories: bags, hats, fascinators and jewellery. We are so dedicated to creating the perfect finished look, we have a whole cellar full!
What’s more is that we pride ourselves on giving honest advice and great customer service, and letting you take your time – we’ll even throw in a cup of tea for good measure. We understand that you can’t rush finding the perfect outfit, so if you try on 20 dresses but the first is the one you fall in love with, then that’s simply the way it was supposed to happen. So congratulations on the upcoming big day, and if you have any questions before dropping by or would like to make an appointment to find your perfect mother of the bride dress and accessories, then please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone.